The 2008-2009 Produce Marketing Association’s (PMA) Board of Directors took office on Oct. 23 during PMA 2008 Fresh Summit International Convention and Exposition in Orlando, Fla. Chairman of the Board Dave Corsi, vice president of produce and floral operations, Wegmans Food Markets, Rochester, N.Y. is joined by three other officers and 23 directors.
PMA's President Bryan Silbermann stated, “Dave Corsi has already made a tremendous impact on our industry and this association. He’s a tireless champion with a focus on what consumers want, what the global produce community needs, and how we should connect the two more seamlessly. As chairman of PMA’s Strategy Team, Dave has also put his mark on PMA’s future direction. I’m delighted to see Dave move into this pivotal industry leadership role.”
PMA officers also include Chairman-Elect Bill Schuler, president and chief executive officer, Castellini Co., Newport, Ky.; Secretary/Treasurer Michael O'Brien, vice president of produce and floral, Schnuck Markets, Inc., St. Louis, Mo.; and Chairman of the Executive Committee Bruce Taylor, chairman and chief executive officer, Taylor Farms California, Inc., Salinas, Calif. Other directors of the association include:
– Retail Division Chairman Anthony Barbieri, director of produce, Acme Markets, Inc., A Supervalu Co., Malvern, Pa.
– Foodservice Chairman David Gill, partner of Gills Onions, King City, Calif.
– Pablo Borquez, president, Campo Pablo Borquez, Caborca, Mexico
– Bob Bossong, regional vice president, sales, Unipro Foodservice Inc., Roswell, Ga.
– Jim Corby, vice president of produce merchandising, Food Lion, LLC, Salisbury, N.C.
– Margaret D’Arrigo-Martin, executive vice president, sales and marketing, D’Arrigo Brothers of California, Salinas, Calif.
– Rich Dachman, vice president of produce, Sysco, Inc., Houston, Texas
– Jan DeLyser, vice president of marketing, California Avocado Commission, Irvine, Calif.
– Dwight Ferguson, chief executive officer, Eurofresh Inc., Wilcox. Ariz.
– Russ Hanlin, president and chief executive officer, Sunkist Growers, Inc., Sherman Oaks, Calif.
– Dan Johnson, director of produce procurement, The Kroger Co., Cincinnati, Ohio
– Edward R. Kershaw, chief executive officer, Domex Superfresh Growers, Yakima, Wash.
– Mike Maxwell, president, Procacci Brothers Sales Corporation, Philadelphia, Pa.
– Lynne Moorman, commodity purchasing manager, El Pollo Loco, Costa Mesa, Calif.
– Chris Puentes, president, Interfresh, Inc., Fullerton, Calif.
– Greg Reinauer, senior vice president, AmeriFresh, Scottsdale, Ariz.
– Miles Reiter, chairman and chief executive officer, Driscoll’s, Watsonville, Calif.
– Tim Riley, senior vice president, Giumarra Companies, Los Angeles, Calif.
– Andrew Sharp, business development director, Mack Multiples (UK), Paddock Wood, Great Britain
– Michael Simonetta, chief executive officer, Perfection Fresh Australia, Homebush, NSW, Australia
– Mike Spinazzola, president, Diversified Restaurant Systems, San Diego, Calif.
– Maurice Totty, director of procurement, Foodbuy LLC/The Compass Group, Charlotte, N.C.
– Steve Tursi, vice president of new business development, Seald Sweet International, Swedesboro, N.J.
PMA’s Silbermann serves on the board in an ex-officio capacity. The PMA Executive Committee for 2008-2009 will consist of Taylor, Corsi, Schuler, O’Brien, Dachman, Riley and Silbermann.
Retiring from the PMA board were former Chairman of the Executive Committee Peter Goulet, president, Pinnacle Sales & Marketing, Inc., Saco, Maine.; John Anderson, chairman, president & chief executive officer, The Oppenheimer Group, Coquitlam, BC, Canada; Leonard Batti, senior managing partner, MIXTEC Group, Pasadena, Calif.; John McGuigan, vice president of sales and marketing, Dulcinea Farms, Ladera Ranch, Calif.; Rob Robson, chief executive officer, OneHarvest, Carole Park, Queensland, Australia; and Mikel Weber, vice president of purchasing and distribution, Golden Corral Corp., Raleigh, N.C.
Founded in 1949, the Produce Marketing Association is the leading trade association representing nearly 3,000 companies from every segment of the global produce and floral supply chain. Members rely on PMA year round for the business solutions they need to increase sales and consumption, build strong professional relationships, and expand their business opportunities. For more information, visit www.pma.com.