What is in this article?:
- Arizona Veg IPM: Leafminer, lettuce wilt, generic herbicides
- Comparison of two lettuce wilt diseases
- Generic herbicides in lettuce
- Higher leafminer numbers, damage found on melons and lettuce in Yuma Valley.
- Identification, management for lettuce wilt diseases in desert-grown lettuce.
- Available generic herbicides for lettuce.
Generic herbicides in lettuce
By Barry Tickes, UA Area Agriculture Agent
A proprietary use patent is granted for 17 years to the company that first develops a herbicide. All of the active ingredients in the herbicides commonly used on vegetables are now off patent. Most have been off patent for more than 20 years.
Some companies have developed proprietary formulations that contain off patent active ingredients. Examples include Prowl H2O, GoalTender, Select Max and Dacthal Flowable.
Click on this link to see a list of the herbicides, the year of first registration, and the original registrant for lettuce, cole crops, and melons.
Contact Tickes: (928) 580-9902 or email@example.com.