UCCE Summer Almond Field Day June 1, Ballico
Summer Almond Field Day
Sponsored by the University of California Cooperative Extension
- Friday, June 1, 2012, 8 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
- 12727 El Capitan, Ballico, Calif.
For more information, please call the Merced UCCE Office - 209-385-7403
8 a.m. - Registration, PCA and continuing education credits sign-up
8:30 - 20-minute talks followed with a 5-minute Q&A
- Summer Insect Pest Management in Almond Orchards
Walter Bentley, Area wide UCIPM advisor, Kearney Ag Center
- Tree Spacing Considerations for Efficient Almond Production
Roger Duncan, Farm Advisor, UCCE Stanislaus County
- Managing Vertebrate Pests Within Orchard Systems
Roger Baldwin, Area wide UCIPM Vertebrate Pest Advisor, KAC
- Pre-Plant Fumigant Selection for Nematode and Replant Disease Management
Greg Browne, USDA-ARS, Davis, CA
- Herbicide Selection for Orchard Weed Control and Resistance Management
Brad Hanson, UC Weed Specialist, UC Davis
- Overview of Almond Field Trials Conducted Within Merced County
David Doll, Farm Advisor, UCCE Merced County
2.0 hours of PCA, CCA and Private Applicators Credit have been requested.