- Maze money. Water, water, nowhere. Badgers and bullets. GMO OMG. Strawberry salvation. Wine with a biodiesel chaser. Viagra horror story. And more.
1. Maze Money: Corn mazes have gone big business across the U.S. (Modern Farmer)
2. Water, Water, Nowhere: Fantastic aerial photos show the unquenchable quest for water and how it shapes the landscape. (Daily Mail)
3. Between Badgers and Gun Barrels: TB or not TB? Despite weeping and gnashing of teeth, the badger cull goes on. (WFP)
4. GMO OMG: When a film on GMOs includes the director’s kids running in a corn field wearing gas masks — you know the cards are marked. (The New Yorker)
5. Horses are Vicious Animals? The U.S. courts get even crazier. (WaPo)
Got an interesting or odd ag story I've missed? Please send links or email me at email@example.com.
6. Tech Giant turns to Strawberries: Sharp is hoping strawberries will help rebuild its fortunes. (AJW)
7. Glass of Wine with a Biodiesel Chaser: A little wine in the biodiesel vat is a good thing. (Lab Equip)
8. Dumping Tobacco for Stevia: The warehouses may smell of tobacco, but they’ll soon be filled with stevia — a $58-billion market. (Businessweek)
9. Deep Chill in Arctic Seed Vault: An Arctic island, relatively devoid of life, is the gatekeeper of agricultural preservation. The Svalbard Global Seed Vault serves as a master backup for approximately 1,400 seed banks across the globe. (Aeon)
10. No. No. No. Viagra Overdose: Doctors were left with little choice but amputation after a farmer went Viagra wild. (Irish Independent)
Follow me on Twitter: @CBennett71
From the "10" archives