What is in this article?:
- 10 agriculture stories you should read today, Nov. 25
- Hemp to Hill, WinePod
- Sharecropper to billionaire. Holy Land cowboys. Soldier in the poppies. Farmland 10. WinePod. Fertilizer fire. Less bees, more cost. Hemp to the Hill. And more.
Hemp to Hill, WinePod
6. Hemp Farmer Heads to the Hill
In June, Ryan Loflin planted 60 acres of his alfalfa farm with hemp. He just harvested the U.S.’s first large-scale hemp crop in about 60 years. (Washington Post)
7. Less Bees, More Almond Costs
The almond industry is paying at least $150 million more per year for bees than it was a decade ago. (Modern Farmer)
8. Wine from a Pod
Entrepreneur Greg Snell’s 4-foot high WinePod presses grapes and spits out wine. (BBC)
9. Chickpea Boom?
Hummus sales are soaring and pulling chickpea demand alongside. (Businessweek)
10. The Sugarman — Leontino Balbo
Meet the apostle of post-organic agriculture (Forward to 1:30). (BBC)
Got an interesting or odd ag story I've missed? Please send links or email me at email@example.com.
Follow me on Twitter: @CBennett71
From the "10" archives