What is in this article?:
- 10 agriculture stories you should read today, Nov. 18
- Toughest Farmer on Planet
- All humans must shrink. Bitcoin and farming. Myth of the aging farmer. Cotton ball insanity. Toughest man on the planet. Yarn tycoon. 50-year water wait. And more.
Toughest Farmer on Planet
6. Organic Ag Unveiled?
Henry Miller takes a swing at organic agriculture and claims it’s not more cost-effective, humane or environmentally responsible. (Project Syndicate)
7. Toughest Man on the Planet
When a 47-year-old Chinese farmer couldn’t get medical help for a sudden artery blockage in his legs — he grabbed a saw, bit down on a towel, and amputated his own legs. (South China Morning Post)
8. 100 Years Old; No Plans for Retirement
One farmer, 34 grandchildren, 46 great grandchildren and 11 great great grandchildren. (BBC)
9. Farmer Turns Tycoon
A farmer, who failed at everything from CD stores to chauffeuring to an electric tricycle has hit it big as a billion-dollar yarn tycoon. (Businessweek)
10. 50-Year Water Wait Ends
After 50 years of waking up and getting water from a 166-year-old pump, Doug Goulbourne has running water. (Daily Mail)
Got an interesting or odd ag story I've missed? Please send links or email me at email@example.com.
Follow me on Twitter: @CBennett71
From the "10" archives