Tomato spotted wilt virus field meeting June 1, Woodland 1
In our tomato production area, Tomato spotted wilt virus is showing up. In the past few years, we have seen widespread disease, but generally at low levels (on average, 1 percent or so). The concern is regarding how extensive the incidence will become in 2012.
Event: Tomato spotted wilt virus field meeting
Date: June 1, Friday at 10:30 a.m. for about one hour
- Gene Miyao, Farm Advisor, Yolo, Solano and Sac counties
- Bob Gilbertson, Plant Pathologist. UC Davis
- Ozgur Batuman, post doctoral researcher, UCD
Location: 40150 County Road 25A between Woodland and Davis; NW intersection of CR 25A x State Highway 113.
- Disease identification and detection (field diagnostic kits)
- thrips vector- monitoring
- control programs
- resistant varieties