Tomato spotted wilt virus field meeting June 1, Woodland
In our tomato production area, Tomato spotted wilt virus is showing up. In the past few years, we have seen widespread disease, but generally at low levels (on average, 1 percent or so). The concern is regarding how extensive the incidence will become in 2012.
Event: Tomato spotted wilt virus field meeting
Date: June 1, Friday at 10:30 a.m. for about one hour
- Gene Miyao, Farm Advisor, Yolo, Solano and Sac counties
- Bob Gilbertson, Plant Pathologist. UC Davis
- Ozgur Batuman, post doctoral researcher, UCD
Location: 40150 County Road 25A between Woodland and Davis; NW intersection of CR 25A x State Highway 113.
- Disease identification and detection (field diagnostic kits)
- thrips vector- monitoring
- control programs
- resistant varieties