Sustainable/organic seminar, Aug. 14, Tulare
Sustainable and certified organic agricultural systems will be the focus of a day-long seminar on Aug. 14 in Tulare, Calif.
Registration starts at 7:30 a.m. The event starts at 8 a.m. at the International Agri-Center, 4500 S. Laspina, Tulare, Calif.
Registration or on-site registration is $80. Registration includes lunch.
Seminar agenda topics will cover:
- Kings & Tulare Counties Agriculture Commissioner's Updates
- BioControl of Pests
- Organic Fertilizers for Good Soil/Plant Health
- Compost/Soil Amendments in Permanent Crops
- Disease Control in Certified Organic Systems
- Importance of Soil Health and the Role of Crop Consultants
- No Till Vegetable Systems
- Water Quality Issue Update
- Bee Health
- Challenges of Managing Pest Control and Fertility in Certified Organic Farming (A Grower Panel)
- PLUS: Table top exhibits featuring products and services for certified organic farming.
Continuing education hours have been approved, including:
- 6.0 DPR CE Hours – 0.5 laws; 5.5 other
- 6.0 CCA CE Hours – 1.5 nutrient management; 0.5 soil/water; 1.0 IPM, 3.0 crop management
- 3.0 ISA CEU Hours – For tree workers, arborists, municipal specialists, utility specialists, science
- .45 GCSAA Education Points Approved
For more information, contact Steve Beckley at (916) 539-4107 and email@example.com.
4500 S. Laspina Street
Tulare, California 93274