Sustainable, Organic Seminar, July 17, Chico
Sustainable and certified organic agricultural systems will be the focus of a day-long seminar on July 17 in Chico, Calif.
Registration starts at 7:30 a.m. The event starts at 8 a.m. at the Sierra Nevada Brewing Company, 1075 E. 20th St.
Cost is $60, if registered by July 3. Late registration or on-site registration is $80. Registration includes lunch.
Seminar agenda topics will cover:
- Butte County Agriculture Commissioners Update
- Organic Almond Production
- Use of Mycorrhizal Inoculants for Healthy Plants/Trees in Rice and Almonds
- Micronutrient Use in Organic Systems and Prevention of Fungal Diseases
- Organic Rice Production Weed Control
- Organic Fertilizers for Good Soil/Plant Health
- Sustainability and Organics at Sierra Nevada Brewing Company
- Bio Control of Pests
- Benefits of Soil Amendments/Compost
- Challenges of Managing Pest Control and Fertility in Certified Organic Farming (A Grower Panel)
Continuing education hours have been approved, including:
- 6.0 DPR CE Hours – 0.5 laws; 5.5 other
- 6.0 CCA CE Hours – 1.5 nutrient management; 0.5 soil/water; 1.0 IPM, 3.0 crop management
- 2.0 ISA CEU Hours – For tree workers, arborists, municipal specialists, utility specialists, science
- .30 GCSAA Education Points Approved
For more information, contact Steve Beckley at (916) 539-4107 and firstname.lastname@example.org.
1075 E. 20th St.
Chico, California 95928