Speed of Change agriculture Web conference March 14
The University of California ANR is pleased to be a participating sponsor for The Speed of Change: A Web Conference, March 14.
Agenda (All Times Pacific Standard Time):
7 a.m. – Session A: US and Domestic Trade Issues and the Near Term Implications for US Agriculture
- Current Financial and Economic Conditions - Dr. Gregory Gilpin, Montana State University, Bozeman, Mont.
- Policy Issues and Government Programs - Dr. Vince Smith, Montana State University, Bozeman, Mont.
9 – Session B: Current Conditions and Issues Facing US Crop and Forage/Hay Producers
- Corn & Soybeans - Edward Usset, Center for Farm Financial Management, University of Minnesota, St Paul, Minn.
- Wheat - Dr. Randy Fortenbery, Washington State University, Pullman, Wash.;
- Hay & Forage Industry - Dr. Shannon Neibergs, Washington State University, Pullman, Wash.
11 – Session C: Current Conditions and Issues Facing US Livestock and Dairy Producers
- Livestock Markets and Policy issues - Dr. Derrell Peel, Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, Okla.
- Dairy industry Issues and Programs - Katelyn McCullock, Livestock Market Information Center (LMIC), Denver, Colo.
1 p.m. – Session D: Current Conditions and Issues Facing US Specialty or Niche Crop Producers & Trade Implications
- Food Safety Regulations and Produce Marketing - Dr. Trevor Suslow, University of California, Davis
- Economics of Food Safety and Disease Outbreaks - Dr. Marco A. Palma, Texas A&M University
Go to http://AgInUncertainTimes.FarmManagement.org/ and select the "English" option for additional details and instructions how to log in or click here. Conference sessions will begin promptly at the hour as listed, Pacific Standard Time. Participants are welcome to join any or all sessions as schedules allow. We strongly encourage participants to run a computer connectivity test prior to joining the first webinar to help assure a good experience. Access the Adobe Connectivity test at: http://www.msuextensionconnect.org/common/help/en/support/meeting_test.htm.