The San Joaquin Valley Olive Day will be held Thursday, April 23.
Where: Tulare County Agricultural Building, 4437 South Laspina St., Tulare, Calif., 8:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
• 8:00 a.m. – 2009 Crop-Fruit Size and Price, Adin Hester, President, Olive Growers Council of California
• 8:30 – Olive Fly Research Update, Marshall Johnson, IPM Specialist and Research Entomologist Kearney Agricultural Research and Extension Center
• 9:00 – Mechanical Harvest Update, Louise Ferguson, Cooperative Extension Pomologist Kearney Agricultural Research and Extension Center
• 9:30 – Break
• 9:45 – California Olive Committee Activities, Christi Darling, Manager, California Olive Council
• 10:15 – Irrigation In A Short Water Year, Joe Connell, Farm Advisor, UC Cooperative Extension, Butte County
• 10:45 – Cultural Management Considerations With A Large Crop, Bill Krueger, Farm Advisor, UC Cooperative Extension, Glenn County