Trimble has introduced a new lightbar system designed for first-time Global Positioning System (GPS) guidance users as well as veteran operators who may want to transition to assisted steering for their agriculture operations — the AgGPS EZ-Guide 250 lightbar guidance system.
The EZ-Guide 250 system allows vehicle operators to steer tractors, sprayers, fertilizer applicators, harvesters and other farm vehicles with consistent pass-to-pass accuracy to help save fuel, increase efficiency and reduce input costs for field operations.
The new system features a 4.3 inch color LCD display that provides real-time “where-applied” coverage mapping and the capability for advanced, easy-to-use guidance patterns.
“With the introduction of the AgGPS EZ-Guide 250 lightbar system, Trimble has set a new standard for affordable guidance solutions,” said Erik Arvesen, general manager of Trimble's Agricultural Division. “The new entry-level system is economical and packed with features, costing considerably less than comparable solutions available today from any manufacturer.”
Features of the Trimble EZ-Guide 250 lightbar system include the following:
- Easy out-of-the-box operation with 15 bright guidance LEDs and a simple color user interface;
- High-performance guidance graphics that have only been available with more costly displays;
- FreeForm guidance pattern that allows operators to work in different patterns and shapes that best fit the layout and contours of a specific field;
- OnPath Advanced Filter Technology that provides consistent accuracy in areas where some satellites may be obstructed;
- Built-in GPS receiver that is fully integrated with the EZ-Guide 250 system's display, making it easy to move between farm vehicles;
- Built-in USB port that allows users to record their day's work and transfer it via flash drive to their office computer for generating printed maps and reports;
- Rugged-cast aluminum housing that provides reliable operation and durability, especially when quickly moving the EZ-Guide 250 system to and from vehicles;
- Upgrade options that include the AgGPS EZ-Steer 500 assisted steering system with T2 terrain compensation technology and the AG15 high-accuracy antenna.
For assisted steering applications, users can expand the capabilities of the new Trimble EZ-Guide 250 with an AgGPS EZ-Steer 500 system, which can cost much less than similar products on the market today. The system's open architecture also offers farmers greater portability on mixed-fleet farms. This simplifies farmers' purchasing decisions and shortens their learning curves while protecting their precision farming investments over the years.
Extended entry point
With the new AgGPS EZ-Guide 250, Trimble has extended the entry point of its “good-better-best” range of guidance displays. These now include the entry-level AgGPS EZ-Guide 250, mid-range AgGPS EZ-Guide 500 and high-functioning AgGPS Field Manager display.
For more information, including the location of your nearest Trimble reseller, call 1-800-865-7438 or visit www.trimble.com.