Voting began Jan. 31 to select one independent grower member and alternate, and two independent handler members and alternates to serve as directors for the Almond Board of California (ABC) during the 2011-2012 crop year.
The ABC Board of Directors’ term of office begins Mar. 1, 2011.
Candidates for the independent grower position:
- Position One, Member (one-year term): Mike Mason, Wasco (incumbent)
- Position One, Alternate:Brad Klump, Escalon (incumbent)
Candidates for the independent handler positions:
- Position One, Member (three-year term):Dave Phippen, Manteca (incumbent)
- Position One, Alternate: Ron Fisher, Modesto (incumbent)
- Position Three, Member (one-year term): Keith Rigg, Le Grand (incumbent)
- Position Three, Alternate: Dean Nelson, Kerman (incumbent)
Ballots and instructions were mailed to independent growers and handlers on file with the ABC. If an independent grower or handler does not receive a ballot, one may be obtained from the ABC office, 1150 Ninth St., Suite 1500, Modesto, Calif. 95354.
Ballots must be received no later than Feb. 17, 2011 to be counted. For election information, contact Sue Olson at (209) 343-3224.
As a governing body for the industry, the ABC Board of Directors is comprised of five handler and five grower representatives who set policy and recommend budgets in several major areas, including production research, public relations and advertising, nutrition research, statistical reporting, quality control, and food safety.