When: Dec. 4, 2008
8:30 a.m. – Noon
Where: Stanislaus County Agricultural Center
Service and Crows Landing Roads, Modesto, Calif.
Sponsored by UC Cooperative Extension & the Cling Peach Board.
1.5 hrs. Continuing Education Credits, includes .5 hr of Laws & Regs.
— 8:00 a.m. – Registration, coffee, snack and socializing
— 8:30 a.m. • Cutting Labor and Input Costs – Ted DeJong, UC Davis
• New Rootstock Considerations – Ted DeJong, UC Davis
• Control Strategies & New Materials for Insect Control in Peaches – Walt Bentley, UC Cooperative Extension, Kearney Ag Center
• Cling Peach Board Business: Discussion of Industry Research Needs; Board Member Nominations – Jim Melban, Cling Peach Board
• Regulation Changes for Orchard Crops: Laws & Regs. – Gary Casari, Ag Commissioner, Stanislaus County
• Mechanical Pre-Thinning – Maxwell Norton, UC Cooperative Extension, Merced County Noon
Lunch hosted by the Cling Peach Board.