Student scientists with an interest in biodiesel have a one-of-a-kind opportunity for front row seats to the biggest biodiesel event of the year - the National Biodiesel Conference & Expo, Feb. 6-9 in Phoenix, Ariz. One full-ride scholarship will be awarded to a student with a demonstrated interest in and commitment to biodiesel. The scholarship will include:
• Conference registration (a $725 value);
• Three nights hotel;
• Airfare (domestic travel only);
• Networking opportunities with some of the brightest minds in biodiesel research;
• Recognition in conference materials.
In addition to the full-ride, the National Biodiesel Board has made available several scholarships that would reduce the conference registration fee to $100. View the conference program here.
In August, the National Biodiesel Board launched the Next Generation Scientists for Biodiesel initiative. The student group was formed to demonstrate and grow support for biodiesel among tomorrow’s scientific leaders. The effort includes an on-line declaration of support. To date, 58 students have signed on.
“We encourage scientific thought leaders of tomorrow to sign the declaration and show their support for biodiesel – America’s only commercially available, advanced biofuel,” said Don Scott, NBB director of sustainability. “By doing so, students will be eligible to apply for the scholarship to attend the biodiesel industry’s largest event of the year where they will hear from a wide range of industry leaders.”
Applicants must be a college/university student in a scientific field of study, and have signed the declaration. Submit:
• A resume
• A 500-word summary of your experience with biodiesel, commitment to biodiesel, and career plans
• Optional: a biodiesel-related photograph of yourself
• Optional: an I Believe in Biodiesel video clip
To apply, go to http://nbb.grassroots.com/sustainability/NGSscholarship/. The deadline is Dec. 15, 2010.