The Cotton Price Risk Management seminar set for Feb. 26 (Coalinga, Calif.) has been canceled. The Feb. 28 Cotton Price Risk Management seminar in Maricopa, Ariz., will take place as scheduled. (The April 3 Cotton Price Risk Management seminar in Lubbock, Texas, will also take place as scheduled.)
Cotton Price Risk Management Seminar Feb. 28, Maricopa
Market-Based strategies for how to manage your price risk for the 2013 crop season, integrating crop and revenue insurance.
• Why are options on cotton futures critical to your business?
• What can options do for you and how?
• Actionable hedging strategies based on various price scenarios
• Market Outlook
Instructors – Dr. Carl Anderson and Dr. John Robinson will discuss when and how to use a variety of option strategies involving puts, calls, and spreads
Dr. O.A. Cleveland & Mr. Jarral Neeper — Market Outlook
Mr. Joe O’Neill — Discussion Leader
What: Basic and Intermediate workshop on using options on futures to manage price risk
Who: Sponsored by Cotton Incorporated in cooperation with Calcot, Ltd.
Where: Maricopa Agricultural Center
37860 W. Smith-Enke Road, Maricopa, Ariz.
When: Thursday, Feb. 28, 2013
8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
No attendance fee; lunch will be provided
Please register to reserve your seat; space is limited
To register, contact Kay Wriedt at 919-678-2271 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cotton Marketing Specialists:
• Dr. Carl Anderson, Texas A&M Univ., Emeritus
• Mr. Jarral Neeper, CEO, Calcot, Ltd.
• Dr. John Robinson, Texas A&M Univ.
• Mr. Joe O’Neill, Former President
• Dr. O.A. Cleveland, MS State, Emeritus New York Cotton Exchange