Native Pollinators Field Day Sept. 11, Irvine
Native Pollinators in Agriculture Field Day will be held Tuesday, Sept. 11, 8:30 a.m. to 2:15 p.m., at Orange County Great Park, Irvine, Calif.
• Coffee and registration — 8 a.m.
• Welcome — Rudy Rice and A.G. Kawamura, Chair and co-chair, Native Pollinators in Agriculture Project
• Irvine Ranch Conservancy Native Plant Project
Michael O’Connell, IRC executive director
• Why Pollinators Matter?
Mace Vaughan, Xerces Society
• Colony Collapse Disorder Update
Eric Mussen, UC Davis apiculturist
• Tour of Farm & Food Lab and Great Park Farm
• Lunch featuring pollinator-dependent foods
• Overview of Native Pollinators in Agriculture Project
Ray Beck, NASCA, and Ernie Shea, NPIA project coordinator
• Native Pollinator Contributions to California Agriculture
Dr. Neal Williams, UC Davis entomologist
• Grower Experiences with Native Pollinators
Panel discussion by farmers
Logistics or to RSVP
Rachel Martin; 410-252-707; email@example.com