When: Wednesday, Nov. 5, 2008 8:00 a.m. — 3:00 p.m.
Where: Napa Valley Exposition Fairgrounds, Napa
Mark your calendars for the Napa Valley Viticultural Fair at the Napa Valley Exposition. The Vit Fair is the premier venue for Northern California grape growers to learn about the latest industry products, attend seminars, and view field demonstrations. This year’s event will feature over 120 vendors and agencies providing products and services to winegrape growers, representing everything from farm equipment to vineyard software programs. This is a great opportunity to get new ideas, interact with colleagues and visit with friends.
Admission is $10 and covers all programs throughout the day. Tickets and more information are available at www.napagrowers.org or by calling (707) 944-8311.
Viticultural Fair seminars
Free with fair admission of $10. Continuing education credits will be available.
8:30 a.m. (Spanish)
– Detecting Leafroll Virus: Strategies for Management and Control, Judit Monis, STA Laboratories
– Vine Mealybug Indentification and its Influence on Leafroll Spread, Humberto Izquierdo, Napa County Agricultural Commissioner’s office
10:00 a.m. (English)
– Red Leaves and Related Vine Stress Issues to Consider, Andy Walker, UC Davis Department of Viticulture and Enology
2:00 pm (English)
– Viticultural Practices and Greenhouse Gas Emissions, Eli Carlisle, UC Davis Department of Viticulture and Enology
– Current Work on Climate Change and its Effect on California Vineyards, Ann Thrupp, California Sustainable Winegrowing Alliance
Demonstrations throughout the day
– High tech irrigation tools
– Weed control — vineyard flamer
– Frost protection
The day’s schedule is online at: www.napagrowers.org.