- United Fresh Produce Association is now accepting nominations for an honoree to speak at the 15th annual Reception Honoring Women in Produce, Wednesday, May 2 at United Fresh 2012 in Dallas, Texas.
United Fresh Produce Association is now accepting nominations for an honoree to speak at the 15th annual Reception Honoring Women in Produce, Wednesday, May 2 at United Fresh 2012 in Dallas, Texas. Each year, United Fresh recognizes the contributions of all women working in the produce industry and honors one outstanding female industry leader at this reception.
“This year’s event is especially meaningful as we celebrate our 15th anniversary of this program,” said United Fresh President and CEO Tom Stenzel. “The annual reception is an opportunity to showcase the contributions of women who guide the produce industry, who are thought-leaders, role models, and opinion-drivers. We’re looking forward to welcoming back our past honorees and also celebrating the career of another outstanding leader at this year’s convention in Dallas.”
Nomination forms may be downloaded online and must be received by Wednesday, March 14.
Past honorees at the Reception Honoring Women in Produce include:
- Tonya Antle, Tanimura & Antle
- Frieda Caplan, Frieda’s, Inc.
- Margaret D’Arrigo-Martin, D’Arrigo Brothers of California
- Jan DeLyser, California Avocado Commission
- Jan Fleming, Strube Celery & Vegetable Company
- Janice Honigberg, Sun Belle, Inc.
- Lorri Koster, Mann Packing Co.
- Kathleen Nave, California Table Grape Commission
- Dr. Martha Rhodes-Roberts, University of Florida, Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences
- Steffanie Smith, River Point Farms, LLC
- Heather Shavey, Costco Wholesale
- Mayda Sotomayor-Kirk, Seald-Sweet LLC
- Rosemary Talley, Talley Farms
- Jenney Tenney, The Kroger Company
For more information on the Reception Honoring Women in Produce, please contact United Fresh Political Affairs Manager Angela Tiwari at 202-303-3416 or firstname.lastname@example.org.