The annual San Joaquin Valley Grape Symposium is scheduled for Jan. 6, at the C.P.D.E.S. Hall in Easton, Calif.
Registration opens at 7 a.m. with the first presentation at 7:45.
The symposium is sponsored by the Fresno County University of California Cooperative Extension office.
Here is a lineup of presentations:
• 2009 Powdery Mildew Challenges, Stephen Vasquez, UC Fresno County Farm Advisor
• Spray Tips for Aiding Herbicide Performance. Kurt Hembree, UC Fresno County Farm Advisor
• The USDA/ARS Raisin Grape Breeding Program, David Ramming, USDA
• Health and Nutrition Research Update
• Marketing Activities Update
• Update on Grape Abscission Agent Research, Matthew Fidelibus, UC Viticulture Specialist
• Performance of Movento as a Nematicide, Mike McKenry UC Nematololgist
• Lunch with Guest Speaker Paul Loeffler, KMJ Sports Announcer and Historian
• 1:30 Prize Drawing (Must be present to win)
Pre-registration is available online at http://ucanr.org/2010_grape_symposium or through the UCCE office in Fresno.