Who: Almond industry representatives
What: 2010 North San Joaquin Valley Almond Day
When: Jan. 28, 8:30 a.m. to noon
Where: Stanislaus County Agricultural Center, 3800 Cornucopia Way, Modesto, Calif., 95358
8:00 - Registration
8:30 - Program begins
• “Evaluation of fungicides and commercial bloom-applied materials for effects on almond set and yield” - Roger Duncan, University of California Cooperative Extension (UCCE) farm advisor, Stanislaus County;
• “Evaluation of various zinc products for the most efficient zinc fertility program” - Scott Johnson, UCCE pomology specialist, UC Kearney Ag Center, Parlier, Calif.
• “New information on navel orangeworm management” - Frank Zalom, professor and extension entomologist, UC Davis;
• “Rootstock selection for salinity management” - David Doll, UCCE farm advisor, Merced County;
• “Update on lower limb dieback of almond” - Bruce Lampinen, UCCE pomology specialist;
• “Irrigation 101: When, how much, and how often should I irrigate?” - Blake Sanden, UCCE soils and water farm advisor, Kern County;
Noon - Adjourn
Sponsored by the University of California Cooperative Extension.
1.5 hours of Continuing Education Credits pending, and 3.0 hours of CCA hours pending.