- The second annual California Ag Summit is slated for Friday, Jan. 27, 2012. The day-long event will be held at the University of California, Davis campus.
The second annual California Ag Summit is slated for Friday, Jan. 27, 2012. The day-long event will be held at the University of California, Davis campus.
John Hofmeister, retired president of Shell Oil Company and the founder and chief executive of Citizens for Affordable Energy, has been tapped as the keynote speaker. Mr. Hofmeister is one of the world’s leading experts on energy and climate.
The summit will also feature three powerful sessions focusing on significant issues: Global Food Trends: Production to Consumption; Energy in Agriculture: Positioning Agriculture for the Future; and Social Media: Its Growing Role in Agriculture. In addition, comedian Jack Gallagher will return as lunchtime entertainment.
“Following the success of the 2011 Ag Summit, we are excited to present a second annual event with stimulating issues and exceptional speakers that will be valuable to all individuals affiliated with food and agriculture in California,” said Anthony Van Ruiten, a member of the organizing committee.
Additional details and registration information will be provided in the coming months. Potential sponsors may contact a member of the organizing committee for more information.
Organizing committee contacts:
· Chris Nelle: email@example.com, (916) 321-6722
· Dan Nutley: firstname.lastname@example.org, (209) 955-6108
· Anthony Van Ruiten: email@example.com, (916) 449-9949
· Judy Culbertson: firstname.lastname@example.org, (916) 561-5625
For more information, visit http://calagsummit.org/.