Kern Spring Citrus Meeting April 19, Bakersfield
The Kern Spring Citrus Meeting will be held Thursday, April 19, 2012, at the University of California Cooperative Extension Conference Room, Bakersfield, Calif., 93307.
Moderator/Organizer: Craig Kallsen, Citrus and Pistachio Farm Advisor, UCCE Kern County. More information available at 661-868-6221.
- 1 p.m. Registration
- 1:15 – 1:45 Alternate Bearing in Mandarins - Potential for Mitigation with PGRs. Dr. Carol Lovatt, Professor, Plant Physiologist, Dept. of Botany and Plant Sciences, UC Riverside
- 1:45 – 2:20 Asian Citrus Psyllid Update, Earwig Pest Management and Using Movento Pesticide in Citrus. Dr. Beth Grafton-Cardwell, Director of Lindcove Research and Extension Center and Extension Specialist & Research Entomologist, UC Riverside
- 2:20 – 2:50 Changes in Employee Regulations. Jim Lopes, State of California, Dept. of Industrial Relations, CAL/OSHA Consultation Service
- 2:50 - 3:00 Break
- 3:00 – 3:30 Asian Citrus Psyllid (ACP) Quarantine Response and Eradication/Pesticides. Eddy Greynolds, Agricultural Biologist/Weights and Measures Inspector
- 3:30 – 4:00 Status of Area-wide Suppression of the GWSS in Kern and Tulare Counties. Beth Stone-Smith, GWSS Program Director, USDA APHIS PPQ
- 4:00 – 4:30 Tree Spacing Considerations Related to Citrus Yield, Fruit Quality and Crop Management. Craig Kallsen, UCCE Citrus Farm Advisor/Kern County
2.0 hours of Private Applicator and PCA Credit. (0.5 Laws and Regs; 1.5 Other)