HLB in California seminar June 8, Riverside
Southern California Growers/PCAs/PCOs
HLB is in California: Commercial growers are responsible for treatments of their trees. Scientists, PCAs and treatment coordinators will be on hand to address the hows & whys of effective, coordinated treatments. State & County officials will be on hand to address regulatory questions.
This will be an information packed seminar.
ACP/HLB Quarantine Issues & Treatment strategies
Presented by: Citrus Research Board, Citrus Pest & Disease Prevention Committee and University of California Cooperative Extension
Date: Friday, June 8, 2011
Time: 9 a.m. - Noon
- Sunkist Center
- CA Citrus State Historic Park
- 9400 Dufferin Ave. Riverside, Calif., 92504
Topics & Speakers:
(in order of appearance)
- Moderator: John Snyder; Ag Commissioner, Riverside County
- Biology & Spread of HLB; Dr. Mary Lou Polek, VP of Science & Technology, CRB
- Quarantine Rules & Regulations; Dr. Robert Leavitt, Director, Plant Health & Pest Prevention Services, CDFA
- Pesticide Treatment Strategies and Area-wide Control Strategies; Dr. Joe Morse, Professor of Entomology, UCR
- Importance of Treatment Strategies to Growers; Alan Washburn – Grower & PCA
- Area-wide Treatment Notification Procedures; Brian Taylor, Director Field Operations, CRB
Approval pending for 3.0 hours of continuing education credit
There is no charge for this program, however; an RSVP would be greatly appreciated.
Please call Emma at 559-738-0246 or email: info @citrusresearch.org.