What is in this article?:
- UC Davis Extension announces summer wine courses
- White, red wine
- UC Davis Extension offers a variety of courses for novice and experienced grape growers, winemakers and wine lovers. The following courses will take place June-September 2011 in Davis, unless otherwise indicated.
White, red wine
Descriptive Analysis of White and Red Table Wines
Through practice with white and red wine reference standards, learn the descriptive language of wine and enable your brain to accumulate, store and recall valuable sensory memories.
* June 18-19: Sat.-Sun., 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
* $550. Includes two lunches and all wine. Enroll in section 111VIT217.
Advanced Tasting Seminar
This rigorous day of tasting duplicates many of the consistency and identification tests required of a wine competition judge.
* Aug. 6: Sat., 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
* $350. Includes lunch and all wine. Enroll in section 111VIT216.
OIV Wine Marketing Program
As part of the MBA curriculum of the Organisation Internationale de La Vigne et du Vin (OIV), UC Davis Extension and the UC Davis Department of Viticulture and Enology have coordinated this program on the economics of production and marketing grapes and wine in the United States for more than 15 years. For a day-by-day agenda, please visit our website.
* July 18-29: Mon.-Fri., 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m.
* Enroll in section 111VIT200. Enrollment by the week or by the day is also accepted.
Winery Accounting and Finance for Executives
Designed for winery principals, executives and accounting staff, this course covers winery financial reporting, winery accounting, inventory costing, business valuation and taxation.
* Aug. 12: Fri., 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
* St. Helena, Calif.: Wine Business Center, 899 Adams St.
* $225. Includes box lunch and course materials. Enroll in section 111VIT214.
Wine Law Conference
June 2-4, 2011
Join professional colleagues from Europe and the United States for a two-and-a-half day symposium that will explore the history, impacts and future of wine appellation laws in the United States and the European Union. Co-sponsors include: Robert Mondavi Institute for Wine and Food Science, UC Davis; United Nations Interregional Crime and Justice Research Institute; CBH Rechtsanwalte; UC Davis School of Law; Agriculture Issues Center (AIC), University of California; and Center for International Education, UC Davis Extension. For more information or to register, visit www.extension.ucdavis.edu/wineconf.
* Evening of Thursday, June 2, to the late afternoon of June 4, 2011.
* Davis, Calif.: University of California, Davis campus, Robert Mondavi Institute for Wine & Food, and the Napa Valley.
* $750. Includes conference materials, meals and Napa tours. Enroll in section 111PDR100.
To request more information or to enroll, call (800) 752-0881 or visit: