- The 2012 annual crop certification deadline is July 15, 2012. By that date, producers need to file an accurate report for all crops and land uses, including failed acreage and prevented planting.
Val Dolcini, state executive director for USDA Farm Service Agency in California reminds producers that the 2012 annual crop certification deadline is July 15, 2012. By that date, producers need to file an accurate report for all crops and land uses, including failed acreage and prevented planting.
"I encourage all producers to visit their local County FSA office to file an accurate crop certification report by the July 15 deadline in order to comply with FSA program eligibility requirements," said Dolcini.
Acreage reports on crops covered by Noninsured Crop Disaster Assistance Program (NAP) should be filed in the county office the earlier of July 15, 2012 or no later than 15 calendar days before the onset of harvest or grazing of the specific crop acreage being reported.
To report prevented or failed acreage, producers must complete Form CCC-576, Notice of Loss for interested crops. Reporting prevented or failed acreage to FSA will ensure compliance with current farm programs, and possible eligibility for future disaster programs. If a producer misses the reporting deadline for prevented planting, they may still report prevented planting acreage as long as the disaster condition may be verified by a field visit.
Note that due to budget constraints, FSA can no longer mail regular newsletters. Producers are encourage to provide their email address to the local FSA office to receive monthly newsletters and updates via email. Producers may contact their local county FSA office if they have any questions about reporting requirements or visit www.fsa.usda.gov/ca and see Important Dates under Hot Links.
Summary of upcoming FSA deadlines for farmers and ranchers:
- July 15 – Report / certify spring seeded crops, CRP and NAP acreages
- Aug. 1 – Nominations due for FSA County Committees.
- Aug. 1 – FY 2012 requests re: farm combination and/or farm division (base acre farms)
- Aug. 1 – FY 2013 NAP application closing date for multiple plantings
- Prevented Planting: report no later than 15 calendar days after final planting.
- Failed Acreage: report within 15 days of disaster or when loss is first apparent and before disposition. For NAP, report loss on CCC-576.