Food Safety for Small-scale Farms workshop May 3, Stockton
The Food Safety for Small-scale Farms workshop will be held Thursday, May 3, in Stockton, Calif., at the Robert J. Cabral Agricultural Center.
- Thursday, May 3, 2012
- 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm
- Robert J. Cabral Agricultural Center
- UC Cooperative Extension San Joaquin County
- 2101 E. Earhart Ave., Stockton, CA 95206
This workshop is intended for small-scale growers who are selling or would like to sell produce to a wholesale market, restaurant, grocery store, school, or other institution. Increasingly, buyers are expecting their suppliers to have a documented food safety program on their farms.
Topics to be covered include:
- Federal Food Safety Modernization Act of 2010 - exemptions for small farms and direct-marketed produce
- Avenues via which produce can become contaminated during production and harvest
- Ways to reduce the risk of contamination
- How to conduct a self-audit and develop a food safety plan for your farm
The workshop will be presented by Brenna Aegerter, UC Cooperative Extension farm advisor. The workshop is free, but registration is required. Please register online at: http://ucce.ucdavis.edu/survey/survey.cfm?surveynumber=8294 or call (209) 953-6100.