What is in this article?:
- National online training program for beef and dairy animal care launches
- Bovine veterinary continuing education credits offered
- A national online training program, Animal Care Training, for beef and dairy production is now available to help educate livestock producers and handlers learn best livestock management practices.
- The program, available in both English and Spanish, was designed to benefit beef and dairy producers, animal transporters, livestock auction market employees and bovine veterinarians.
Bovine veterinary continuing education credits offered
The BCI has teamed up with the American Association of Bovine Practitioners (AABP) and the Livestock Marketing Association (LMA). The AABP modules provide online continuing education (CE) training for AABP members. There are more than 150 online CE modules available for credit.
According to Dr. M. Gatz Riddell, Jr., Executive Vice President, American Association of Bovine Practitioners, “The online modules were created with three goals in mind for our members:”
1. For those members that attend a meeting, but aren’t able to attend a specific session due to a concurrently running session
2. Flexibility for those individuals that are unable to attend a conference, but want to view presentations
3. Create a platform to obtain CE Credits to satisfy state licensure requirements
The LMA modules include the LMA guide to Animal Handling and Employee Training for Livestock Marketing Businesses. In addition to reaching the beef and dairy industry, there are also modules available on humane equine management.