What is in this article?:
- Latest innovations at World Ag Expo, Feb. 11-13, Tulare
- Truck giveaway
- Grab your smartphone, boots, keys, and hat. It’s World Ag Expo time, Feb. 11-13, in Tulare, Calif., at the International Agri-Center.
- Show times: Tuesday (Feb. 11) and Wednesday (Feb. 12) - 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.; and Thursday (Feb. 13) – 9 a.m. - 4p.m.
One World Ag Expo visitor will win a new Toyota Tundra pickup truck announced Thursday afternoon. Valley FFA members will sell $5 raffle tickets at the show for the truck donated by the San Joaquin Valley Toyota dealers. Proceeds from the tickets will benefit FFA members.
- Wednesday, Feb. 12 – Prayer Breakfast at 7 a.m. in the Heritage Complex Banquet Hall. Info at (559) 684-6100 and (559) 688-7569.
- Thursday – Agricultural Leadership Alumni Breakfast at 6:30 a.m. in the Heritage Complex banquet hall. Info at (559) 735-9700 or e-mail email@example.com.
The valuable Park and Ride service is offered again this year with five offsite parking locations in the Tulare-Visalia areas. Park at the Preferred Outlet Mall or the Tulare airport to ride a bus to the show grounds for free from 7 a.m.-6 p.m. Drop off and pick up at the show is at Gate 2.
Park and Ride is also available for free from the Tulare County fairgrounds, Mid-Valley Cotton Gin, and the First Assembly of God Church in Visalia for drop off and pick up at Gate 12.
From Fresno and Clovis, Park and Ride is available for a fee by reservation: (559) 641-6789.
For more Park and Ride information, visit www.WorldAgExpo.org.
Agriculture tours will be held daily during World Ag Expo. The tours will include: two Fresno wine tours (separate tours); Elkhorn and Milky Way dairies; Sun Pacific Packinghouse and UC Davis Citrus Extension; Curtimade Dairy-UC Davis Veterinary Medicine Teaching and Research Center; plus Monrovia Nursery and Lagomarsino Farms.
The new tour for 2014 is an Exeter citrus groves and orchards experience.
Tour dates, times, and costs are available under the ‘What Not to Miss’ tab on the World Ag Expo website.
At the show, stop by and visit Western Farm Press in Building C, Space 3915.
More news and comments from Western Farm Press: