A Citrus Research Growers’ Educational Seminar will be held Oct. 13, at the Chico Masonic Family Center, Chico, Calif.
This Citrus Research Board and University of California Cooperative Extension sponsored seminar will run from 9 a.m. until 2 p.m.
The meeting will feature University of California speakers from UC Riverside, UC Davis and the UC Kearney Agricultural Center, and local UCCE farm advisors. Topics will include:
· Sensory Evaluation: What is this developing area of science and how do California growers stand to benefit?
· Refresher on the Basics of Citrus Tree Physiology
· Soil Moisture Monitoring in Citrus Irrigation Management
· Approaches to Soft Scale Management in Citrus
· Update on Mandarin Rind Breakdown Research
Advance reservations should be phoned to (559) 738-0246 by Oct. 6. The registration fee of $15 includes lunch and course materials. Contact Bill Krueger, UCCE Farm Advisor, Glenn County, for more information at (530) 865-1107.