With a focus on Pest Research Updates and Tools for Thrips Control with Panel Discussions, the Creating Our Future avocado research seminar will be held Thursday, April 16, 2009, at South Coast Winery Resort, Temecula, Calif.
The seminar is sponsored by Calavo Growers, Index Fresh, Chemical Free Water Treatment System, and West Pak Avocado.
• 9:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. – Dr. Joseph Morse, UCR Entomology Department. Topic: Research updates on avocado pests and potential pests. Dr. Morse will present his own research updates along with additional pest information from UCR entomology researchers.
• 10:00 - 10:45 – Dr. Mark Hoddle, UCR Entomology Department. Topic: Research updates on avocado pests.
• 10:45 - 11:00 – Break & Announcements by Gary Bender.
• 11:00 - Noon – Dr. Guy Witney, CAC Director of Industry Affairs. Topic: Bee regulations; CAC input into IR-4 priorities.
– Panel Discussion/Q & A Session: “Tools for thrips control – what is new and what is changing in pest control products?” – Drs. Morse, Hoddle, Witney, local Pest Control Advisors and manufacturers’ representatives from chemical companies.
Noon - Adjourn
Research handouts are available.