Alfalfa and Biofuels Field Day May 9, UC Davis
The UC Alfalfa and Biofuels Field Day will be held May 9, at UC Davis Agronomy Field Headquarters, Hutchison Road, Davis, Calif.
Pest Management, Drip Irrigation in Alfalfa, Varieties, Economics
(PCA & CCA Units Offered – Register on-site)
Directions: take 113 near Davis to Hutchison Rd. Go west. Right at first rotary, left at second rotary, about 1/3 mile down on the left.
- Noon – Barbeque Lunch (Many thanks to our Sponsor—California Crop Improvement Association)
- 12:45 p.m. – 3:45 p.m. Alfalfa & Forage Field Day
- 12:45 – Water Quality Issues Related To Pesticides In Alfalfa/Grains In The Sacramento Valley – Yolo County Ag Commissioner’s Office
- 1 – Growing Camelina And Canola, For Biofuels – Pest Management And Economics–Steve Kaffka, UC Davis
- 1:25 – Establishing Alfalfa Stands For Weed Management And Stand Longevity– Luck Or Skill? What Are The Key Practices?—Dan Putnam, UC Forage Specialist, UC Davis
- 1:45 – Using Buried Drip In Alfalfa—What Is The Research Evidence To Date? –Bob Hutmacher, CE Specialist, UC Davis, And West Side Field Station, Five Points, CA
- 2:15 – Using Buried Drip In Alfalfa—What Is The Grower Experience To Date? What Is The Impact On Pest Management?—Seth Rossow, Grower, Chowchilla, CA
- 2:40 – An Integrated Pest Management Strategy For Controlling Rodents In Alfalfa Fields—Roger Baldwin, UC IPM Vertebrate Pest Advisor , Kearney Research And Extension Center, Parlier, CA
- 3 – The Dirty Dozen – Identify that Weed!—Brad Hanson, UC Davis
- 3:20 – Choosing Alfalfa Varieties For Yield And Pest Resistance—What Are The Key Differences? Are They Important? —Dan Putnam, UC Cooperative Extension Specialist, UC Davis
- 3:45 Return to Headquarters.