2014 North San Joaquin Valley Almond Day Feb. 6
The 2014 North San Joaquin Valley Almond Day will be held Feb. 6 from 8:30 a.m. to noon at the Robert J. Cabral Ag Center, 2101 E. Earhart Ave., Stockton, Calif.
Registration for the event begins at 7:30 a.m. The program begins at 8:30 a.m.
Topics of discussion include:
- Monitoring and treatment decisions for Leaf Footed Bug
- Update on orchard sprayer technology and efficacy
- Summary of UCCE almond field trials in the northern San Joaquin Valley
- Dynamics and management of local groundwater basins
- Irrigating almonds in a drought year
- Managing salinity in almond orchards
Continuing education credits of 1.5 hours are pending. Three hours of CCA units are pending.
For more information, contact Brent Holtz, farm advisor and county director for the University of California Cooperative Extension in San Joaquin Valley. He can be reached at (209) 953-6124.
2101 E. Earhart Ave.