2012 Agriculture Stakeholder Conference July 17-18
The 2012 Agriculture Stakeholder Conference: Pests, Pathways, and Partnerships, will be held July 17-18, at APHIS Headquarters, 4700 Riverdale Road, Riverdale, Md.
Registration for the 2012 Agriculture Stakeholder Conference: Pests, Pathways, and Partnerships, has officially closed. For those unable to attend a live webcast is available, see below for more details.
The purpose of this two day conference is to discuss the future of Agricultural Quarantine Inspection (AQI) initiatives and to garner input on how CBP and APHIS can better serve stakeholder needs. This conference will bring together diverse stakeholder groups representing the animal product, plant product, and shipping industries as well federal and state regulatory officials to engage in an open dialogue centered on pest exclusion efforts and trade facilitation.
The conference will feature panel discussions on Pest Exclusion and Outreach with commentary by:
- Kristina Butts- National Cattlemen’s Beef Association
- Joel Nelson- California Citrus Mutual
- Geoff Powell- C.H. Powell Company
- Tim Perry- American Presidents Line (APL) Ltd.
- Commissioner Adam Putnam- Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services
- Craig Regelbrugge- American Nursery & Landscape Association
- Liz Wagstrom- National Pork Producers Council
- Robert Wynn- California Department of Food and Agriculture
We are offering a live webcast on July 17 and 18 for interested stakeholders unable to attend the 2012 Agriculture Stakeholder Conference. More details on how to sign up for the webcast are available online at: http://www.aphis.usda.gov/plant_health/agstakeholder/index.shtml.
The webcast will occur in real time on July 17 and 18 starting at approximately 8 a.m. and ending at 5 p.m. No recording of the meeting will be made available; however meeting notes will be posted online following the conference.
The webcast will time out during scheduled breaks.
The webcast will NOT be interactive. No questions or comments will be taken from webcast participants.